Okidata C531DN Toner Cartridges and Parts
The following products are guaranteed to work in
the Okidata C531DN printer.
|Questions about products for this printer?|
Replacing Oki C531DN toner cartridges
Replacing the Oki C531DN toner cartridges is a very important part of printing successfully. Installing the toner in an incorrect way can cause problems and damages on your printer and on the cartridge itself.
Here are some easy steps that you can follow to change your cartridges problem-free:
- Avoid lighting the used cartridges on fire, the toner residue may cause an explosion.
- Some internal parts of the machine will be hot. Wait for the printer to cool down before you touch any internal parts.
- Remember to keep the used cartridge steady in order to prevent leakage.
- To prevent damage, avoid exposing the cartridge to light for more than a few minutes.
- If you inhale any toner or get it in your eyes, drink a little water or bathe your eyes liberally in cold water. Seek medical attention
- Have a sheet of paper handy so that you have somewhere to place the used cartridge while you install the new one.
Removing the used Oki C531DN toner cartridge
- Press the cover release and open the printer’s top cover
- Slide the coloured release collar on the cartridge to be replaced fully towards the right-hand side of the printer.
- Lift the right-hand end of the cartridge and then draw the cartridge to the right to release the left-hand end as shown, and withdraw the toner cartridge out of the printer.
- Put the cartridge down gently onto a piece of paper to prevent toner from marking your furniture.
- Clean the top of the ID unit with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Remove safety tab and pull out the toner cartridge.
Installing the new Oki C531DN toner cartridge
- Unpack the new Oki C531DN toner cartridge, but leave its wrapping material in place.
- Hold horizontally and shake it firmly from side to side to distribute the toner evenly.
- Remove the wrapping material.
- Holding the cartridge by its top, lower it into the printer over the drum unit.
- Insert the left end of the cartridge into the top of the image drum unit first, pushing it against the spring on the drum unit, then lower the right end of the cartridge down onto the image drum unit.
- Pressing gently down on the cartridge to ensure that it is firmly seated, slide the coloured collar fully towards the left-hand side of the printer. This will lock the cartridge into place and release toner into the image drum unit.
- Close the top cover and press down firmly on both sides so that the cover latches closed.
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Ask a question, we're happy to help you!
We are currently Answering questions in approximately: 30 minutes